HAZWOPER 40 Hour
General site workers involved in clean up activities of contaminated sites require the HAZWOPER 40 Hour training. HAZWOPER training is required for work at all contaminated sites. This HAZWOPER 40 Hour instruction required by 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3), OSHA’s Hazardous Waste and Emergency Response training standard. This course is designed for General site workers engaged in hazardous substance removal or other activities which expose or potentially expose workers to hazardous substances and health hazards. This course is comprised of 24 sections, covering topics pertaining to workplace hazards associated with OSHA Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER). Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a certificate of completion which is accepted by OSHA as documentation of training.
HAZWOPER 40 Hour Course Objectives:
At the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Read and understand OSHA regulations and requirements
- Summarize Site Characterization
- Understand the principles of toxicology and how they relate to various types of chemical exposures
- Describe potentially hazardous situations involving corrosives, solvents, oxidizers and reactive chemicals
- Understand Chemicals and the hazards they present in the workplace
- Summarize the components of OSHA’s Hazard Communication Standard and the steps for any Hazard Communication Program
- Identify radiation hazards and different types of radiation
- Identify different types of respiratory equipment
- Understand Protection Factors
- Identify the uses for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and how to choose the correct PPE
- Understand the characteristics of each work zone
- List the elements of site security
- Understand the principles of decontamination as well as levels of decontamination and methods
- Develop a Medical Surveillance Program and understand its purpose
- Identify the types and methods of air monitoring
- Understand confined space permit system; be able to identify the main confined space atmospheric hazards, types of ventilation and gain an overall understanding of medical concerns associated with confined spaces
- Understand the various considerations in an emergency situation and the importance of training and actions to personal safety and the safety of others
To proceed with lessons all quizzes must be passed with 70% or above score. There are three attempts for each quiz, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Course final exam must be completed with and passed with 70%. There are three attempts for final exam, in any circumstances if you failed quiz or exam in your all three attempts the course will be locked permanently and you will be forced by OSHA to complete the course in classroom.
Find out more on HAZWOPER with OSHA Law & Regulations. Click here for OSHA standard!
Why EHSSchool.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.