OSHA 30-Hour General Industry
The OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach Training course is a comprehensive safety program designed for anyone involved in general industry. Specifically devised for safety directors, foremen, and field supervisors; the program provides complete information on OSHA compliance issues. OSHA recommends Outreach Training Programs as an orientation to occupational safety and health for workers covered by OSHA 29 CFR 1910. General Industry workers must receive additional training, when required by OSHA standards, on specific hazards of the job. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive an OSHA 30-Hour General Industry Outreach DOL course completion card within 1-2 weeks. The 30 hr General Industry Outreach Course is NOT equivalent to the OSHA 510 or 511 courses and will not meet the course prerequisites to take the OSHA 500 or OSHA 501 courses.
OSHA 30 Hour General Industry Course Outline
- Introduction to OSHA and the OSH Act
- Basic Safety Orientation
- Walking & Working Surfaces
- Emergency Action Plan
- Hazardous Materials
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Confined Spaces & Permit Required Confined Spaces
- Materials Handling & Storage
- Machine Guarding Safety
- Welding, Cutting, and Brazing
- Electrical Safety
- Hazard Communication
- Hazardous Substances & Industrial Hygiene
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Record Keeping & Reporting
- Workplace Violence
- Safety and Health Programs
- Hazards of Asbestos in the Workplace
- Lead Safety in the Workplace
- Ionizing and Non-Ionizing Radiation Safety
- Formaldehyde Awareness
- Process Safety Management of Highly Hazard Materials
- Final Exam
30 Hour General Industry Learning Objectives
- Understand the OSH Act, the functions and resources of OSHA
- Become aware of the OSHA inspection priorities and describe the inspection process
- Know the rights and responsibilities of employers and employees under the OSH Act
- Learn the major hazards associated with general industry work and how to avoid, protect or control them. This includes:
- Slips, trips, falls associated with walking and working surfaces
- Effective Egress and fire protection program
- Outline the general requirements for general safety standards
- Flammable and combustible liquids and gasses
- Hazards of chemicals
- Electrical hazards
- Understand the value of personal protective equipment, usage and limitations
- Learn the basic elements of a safety and health program
Quiz & Exam Information
You must score at least 70% on each module quiz to move forward in the OSHA 30 hour general industry safety Training. You will be given up to THREE opportunities to pass each module quiz. Failure to successfully pass the quiz will result in being locked out of this online training program, and you will no longer be able to take the Outreach training in an online format. Once you have successfully completed all of the modules, you must pass a final exam to receive full credit for the 30 hour general industry safety training. The exam is 20 questions long and will test your knowledge on information covered throughout the OSHA 30 hour general industry safety course. You must make a score of at least 70% to pass this OSHA 30 hour training. You will be given up to THREE opportunities to pass the final exam. Failure to successfully pass the Final Exam will result in being locked out of this online training program, and you will no longer be able to take the Outreach training in an online format. Upon successful completion of this OSHA 30 general industry training and the accompanying survey, you will receive a OSHA 30 general industry card from the provider of this OSHA training on behalf of the Department of Labor. This OSHA completion card will normally take 1-2 weeks to process and ship. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE SURVEY AT THE END OF THIS TRAINING TO RECEIVE YOUR DOL CARD.
Once you complete the OSHA 30 hour, you will be provided with a completion certificate which will be available through your My Training page. Please be aware the certificate is not an official document. It serves only as evidence of your completion of the OSHA 30 hour training until you receive your official Department of Labor card in the mail. There is a 6 month time limit to complete the 30 hour general industry course.
OSHA 10 and 30 Outreach Program Overview
The OSHA outreach training online Program teaches workers about their rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job related hazards. OSHA training courses online authorizes safety and health Providers to conduct occupational safety and health training for workers. After OSHA safety training is completed, providers document their training and become osha certified Organization and student receive completion OSHA cards to distribute to the workers who successfully completed OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 training.
The OSHA online training course is requirements contained in any OSHA standard. However, some states and local jurisdictions have enacted laws mandating OSHA outreach training certification. Some employers, unions, and various other jurisdictions also require workers to have this OSHA training to work on job sites and to fulfill their own safety training goals.
Health and safety is a critical part of both OSHA 10 and 30 training. When employees are faced with job loss, it can be hard to fathom being able to worry about anything but finding another job. However, part of being an organization means taking responsibility of your workers so that they are able to get their OSHA health and safety training. By doing so, you are able to guarantee that your employees become OSHA certified. osha safety training certification helps organizations to grow as a professional and gives your organization that much deserved Health and Safety. Letting your employees’ OSHA Outreach certification lapse is always a bad idea because it can open your company to a bombardment of lawsuits.
An expired OSHA 10 and 30 safety training certification isn’t going to do anyone any good. With the accessibility and affordability of OSHA training courses online, you don’t have to worry about the expense of traveling, attending seminars or courses. You can rest easy knowing that you have everything taken care of, and you will be able to focus more on the business side, which is what you need to be doing now.
OSHA 10 and 30 certifications is required for a variety of professional jobs. It’s no wonder that so many people seek online osha 10 and 30 training every single year. OSHA safety certification is actually one of the most popular areas of safety training that people search for. Your organization relies on the valuable skills that your employees provide, and you need to protect yourself and your business by taking the time to track and keep your people’s OSHA training up-to-date.
For more details please visit OSHA Outreach FAQ’s
Why EHSSchool.com for OSHA Outreach Online Training?
- Current Content. Regularly updated content meets OSHA regulations.
- OSHA Accepted. OSHA accepted provider of 10 and 30 Hour Outreach Training.
- Quick, Low-Cost, Convenient. Quick, Low-cost, convenient and offers Enterprise Solutions for small to large opportunities.
- Learning Management System. State-of-the-art Learning Management System provides ease of use and management of employee training.